Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Atmosphere

Ahfad University for Women (Khartoum)
Today, my first official 'working day' at the Ahfad University for Women was a fact. I am aiming to conduct a social research on the impact of e-learning, in collaboration with various other people involved in this e-learning project in the White Nile District (in Kosti, were Frank is also based). The looks and atmosphere of the university are something totally different. Instead of moving straight to the content of the work, I was welcomed with two big falafel sandwiches, fresh mango juice, exchanging of e-mail addresses and conversations about life, marriage and family. As a bonus I was taught some new Arabic words by the women who have put themselves the goal to turn me into a fluent Arabic speaker in a few weeks. In short: a very welcoming atmosphere, I look forward to get used to!