Friday, June 15, 2012

Where there is smoke...

Mosquito's are one of the aspects of living in Africa that I am not very fond of.  Although, so far, the mosquito's here in Khartoum haven't bothered me at all! This morning I found out why.. I was still half asleep when I heard a rather hard noise coming from the street. I very carefully peeped through my curtains (as a woman you should always be properly dressed, so I took that into account) and I noticed something interesting. A couple of overalls-wearing men walked around the street carrying some kind of equipment that created a lot of smoke. They sprayed the whole street, the gardens, the outside toilets and even the wholes in the pavement. They somehow reminded me of the Ghostbusters, in their suits and with their smoky machines. I think I don't want to know what kind of products they are using, but it surely works. Sorry mosquito's, you're busted!