Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Digestion

I was asked an interesting question the other day: "What would you still like to do before you go back to The Netherlands?". Among some places I would still like to visit, I told him that I would like to try some fresh Sudanese camel milk. I have never tasted it and I am quite curious about the taste. He looked at me and started giggling mysteriously. At first I thought he was laughing because of my 'wish', but he said that he had some funny associations when talking about camel milk. "You know, one day some members of our Sudanese government went to an important meeting in one of the neighbouring countries. They were offered camel milk as a welcoming gesture, but instead of drinking a few sips, they drank too much. They didn't realize that camel milk is really good for your digestion, but you should never drink too much. Hahaha, the next day none of the members showed up for the meeting. They had something else to do in the bathroom!". While he was telling me the story, I was really amused by his giggles and outbursts of laughter. "So, take it easy with the camel milk!", he advised me educationally, "but do try it, because it is very nice!". I will definitely keep my eyes open for some camels today. And I will make sure I plan a day off afterwards, just to be on the safe side ;)