Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sooo honey!

There are many ways of saying that you like something. But what I heard yesterday afternoon really tops everything! We were playing outside table tennis with a few Sudanese colleagues and guards. Some of them were really competitive so the games soon turned into an exciting competition. The time flew by and we were all having a really nice time in the Sudanese winter breeze. One of the drivers who stood next to me couldn't stop smiling and said "I am so happy that you are Frank are back in Khartoum". I wanted to say that I also enjoyed playing table tennis again all together after such a long time, but before I could even finish my sentence, he sighed: "It is just so honey! Soooo honey!". He lifted his hands as if he was thanking the clouds for this special 'honey' moment. Considering that the Sudanese honey here is extremely nice, I guess it was indeed the sweetest for him to say. As sweet as honey!